Therapeutic Massage Services
- Deep Tissue: The areas of the body holding deep tension or bound by scar tissue are treated with deep pressure through leverage and by using the thumb, forearm or elbow as a point of contact. To facilitate release and decrease discomfort, the client often participates with active range of motion during treatment. This active movement creates a chemical release in the muscles allowing for greater range of motion. Some of the deep tissue techniques used are trigger point therapy, myofascial mobilization and cross-fiber friction.
- NeuroMuscular Therapy (NMT): Used to break the cycle of pain that may begin with injury, illness or stress by locating pain-causing areas through postural analysis, muscle testing and trigger point detection techniques. Muscles and connective tissues with poor blood circulation can house trigger points that pass pain onto other areas of the body. NMR focuses on increasing blood flow to flush waste from muscular tissue.
- Myofascial Release/Mobilization (MR): Uses slow strokes that elongate the connective tissue fabric known as fascia. Myofascial work restores movement and flexibility of the body and addresses, releases, helps release those "glued areas that feel stuck."
- Sports Massage: This treatment is great for athletes of all kinds. The client participates in deep stretching, while the therapist releases deep tension through trigger pointing and other massage techniques.
- Thai Yoga Massage: A therapeutic technique that includes rhythmic pressing and deep stretching of the entire body. You remain fully dressed in comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and lie on a floor mat. The therapist uses hands, feet, forearms, elbows and knees to apply a combination of massage and gentle yoga-like stretches in a rhythmic flow of movements. Benefits of Thai Massage include: Relief of pain due to arthritis, repetitive stress, and overworked muscles; Enhancement of your practice of yoga, pilates and other physical modalities; Balancing the body’s energy pathways; Better resistance to injury; Improvement ofrange of motion; Increase in energy; and Emotional calming and deep relaxation.
Muscle Testing and Training
- Functional Movement Assessment: Will help identify functional limitations and asymmetries within the body. Movement quality is essential in reducing the risk of injury. Dysfunctional movement patterns can cause chronic pain, contribute to repetitive injuries and limit athletic performance. Functional movement screening allows the therapist to identify effective self-care/at-home exercises to restore proper movement and build strength. Functional Movement Screening is provided exclusively by Michele Buckley.
- Personal Training: While not mandatory, we recommend that you first schedule a Functional Movement Assessment then follow up with Personal Training. The assessment allows Michele to identify areas of strength, weakness and dysfunction. Your personal training sessions will be designed to help you meet personal movement/functional goals.
- Workout Routines: For clients who prefer to work out on their own, Michele can design workout routines for your home or your gym. So, you want to work out at home, but you don't have equipment. No problem. Michele can design routines where you will use your body weight and minimal equipment to achieve your goals. Michele will give you a list of the equipment needed—generally this includes a foam roller, Swiss/therapy ball, light hand weights, resistance bands and a yoga mat.
- Pregnancy Treatment: An expectant mother can be treated throughout the pregnancy and immediately following delivery. Massage during pregnancy may assist with low back and leg discomfort, swelling of the arms and legs, carpal tunnel-like symptoms in the wrists and hands, stress due to hormonal changes and simply provide relief from the weight of the baby on internal organs. Massage after delivery will assist with returning the pelvis to neutral positioning, releasing scar tissue (related to caesarean section delivery), and relieving neck and upper back discomfort from nursing. Please consider calling us to ease your mind prior to treatment. We are happy to answer your questions. read more >>>
- Oncology Massage: Our therapists have undergone an extensive, 32-hour training program specifically for cancer patients. read more >>>
- TMJ Treatment: read more >>>
- Body and Soul Massage: This treatment is perfect for those who like to pray and draw on the power of the Holy Spirit. This massage treatment will begin and end with prayer regarding areas in which you need support. This is not prayer healing. We will simply pray together and then you will receive a muscular therapy treatment appropriate for your needs. Bringing body and soul together very often helps release stresses, refocus the mind and encourages us in the Lord. If you desire this session, please make an appointment with Jeanie Gorski.